More than 100 years ago, Juliette Gordon Low had a dream that every girl should have the opportunity to discover her leadership role in her community. To do this, she sold her family pearls to finance Girl Scout programs.
Continuing this tradition, Girl Scouts of Central Maryland is committed to encouraging nearly 25,000 girls in Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford and Howard Counties and Baltimore City to discover, connect, and take action to become our next community leaders. By making an investment in Girl Scouts of Central Maryland, you help make an immediate difference in the lives of girls.
“Girl Scouts helps me meet other girls and helps me develop leadership skills and Girl Scouts will help me in the future by preparing me to be a good scientist so I can help people.”
Girl Scout Senior
“The future of our world depends on the leadership skills we develop in girls when they are young. Women lead in their homes, at work and as mentors and role models. Being in Girl Scouts help those traits blossom within them.”
-Sheela Murthy, Esq.
President & Managing Attorney, Murthy Law Firm
Chair, GSCM Board of Directors
How Your Support Adds Up
Financial contributions provide vital funding for the Council’s operations, including support for volunteer training, program activities and financial aid for girls. More than 80% of GSCM’s annual funds are used for program services. Here are some examples of how your gift can help:
- A gift of $15 pays one girl’s annual membership fee.
- A gift of $50 covers one girl’s basic supplies for the Girl Scout year, like books and a uniform.
- A gift of $100 allows an underserved Girl Scout to participate in one of our many outreach programs. Community Programs »
- A gift of $300 gives ten girls the opportunity to attend our STEM Programs where they can learn about careers in those fields. STEM Program »
- A gift of $500 gives a Girl Scout the opportunity to experience the outdoors and discover her independence at summer resident camp. GSCM Camps »
- A gift of $1,000 sponsors mentoring opportunities for high school Girl Scouts with a Distinguished Woman in central Maryland. Teen Distinguished Women Shadow»
All gifts are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law. For more information contact Pattie Dash, Chief Development Officer at 410.358.9711 ext. 232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.