The world is yours to explore with the Girl Scouts of Central Maryland Travel Pathway and destinations programs.
GSCM Travel Pathway
The GSCM Travel Pathway provides the opportunity for Juniors and older, their friends and adult chaperones, to participate in international and domestic travel –via rail, plane or cruise ship — to various destinations. Trips are designed to meet the needs of the experienced or novice traveler. The Travel Pathway group organizes opportunities that help girls and groups raise funds, making the trips more available to all girls.
Ready to pack your bags?
A Travel Pathway Open House is held once a year for interested Girl Scouts, parents, and leaders. This is an opportunity to learn more from Travel Pathway volunteers and GSCM Staff, including the sites and locations they have visited and the costs associated with the trips. Attendees will be able to explore opportunities in the current and upcoming years.
For more information about the GSCM Travel Pathway contact GirlScoutTravel@yahoo.com.
Girl Scout destinations are travel experiences that range from two days to three weeks for Cadettes and older. These often once in a lifetime explorations can take you to the far corners of the world where you will meet remarkable people, develop leadership skills, gain confidence, and enjoy valuable learning opportunities.
Getting your destination started:
1. Log on to www.girlscouts.org/destinations. Select your top four choices.
2. Download the application form and complete it. You’ll need to fill out an application for each event you want to attend.
3. Print out two copies of the reference form and ask two people who know how awesome you are to fill them out. You can use the same letters of reference for all your applications.
4. Send your application to GSCM attn: destinations by the posted deadline. If you have questions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Go on your destination. Happy travels!
Meet a Girl Scout Traveler
Girl Scout Naomi and her mom Roxann traveled to Europe with the Travel Pathway.
Girl Scouts Kathryn, Jordan and Christi traveled on destinations trips to Space Camp in Alabama, California, and Peru.