become a volunteer
It’s Easy to Volunteer with Girl Scouts! Here’s how:
1. Submit a volunteer application. You have two ways you can do this:
Choice A: Complete an application online by following this secure link: https://screen.lexisnexis.com/pub/l/prospects/girlscounts/GSCM
The cost to apply online is $3.50 and you can pay with your debit or credit card. This option is the fastest, safest and easiest way to process your volunteer application. It saves Council staff time, gets you approved quicker and should take you less than five minutes to complete!
Browser Note: Google Chrome, Safari, and IE10 are currently not supported by this site
Choice B: Complete a Volunteer Application paper form. Enclose your $5 processing fee (checks made payable to Girl Scouts of Central Maryland) and mail it to:
Attention: Recruitment & Placement Services—Confidential
4806 Seton Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
2. Once your application has been approved, you will be connected with your local Service Unit Manager who will guide you through the next steps of becoming a volunteer.
Some of these steps may include:
- Registering with Girl Scouts as an adult. Download the Adult Registration Form
- Completing required training which you can register for by visiting the Volunteer Training page
- Signing a Position Description
- Scheduling a Meet and Greet Orientation with the SUM
If you have any questions about our Volunteer Application Process please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410.358.9711 ext. 215.
Unsure of what you’d like to do?
Visit our Volunteer Resources page and check out the Volunteer Position Descriptions under the “Become a Volunteer” category. Here you will find a full list of our many volunteer opportunities! If you have any questions or need help deciding the best position for you e-mail email@example.com or call 410.358.9711 ext. 215
Let us know about your skills and experience
Click here to fill out an online form to let us know about your skills and experience so we may connect you to volunteer opportunities that allow you to use your skills, learn new things, and have fun!
Think your organization or place of employment would be interested in volunteering with Girl Scouts of Central Maryland?
We have several volunteer opportunities for groups, from camp cleanup days to assisting with programs and events. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how your group can help.